On May 17, 2016 at Rustan’s Supermarket held an Art Workshop for kids at the Crafters Marketplace in Shangrila Plaza Mall, Shaw Boulevard.
The theme “Internet Safety for Kids and Families“, which is sponsored by Trend Micro. “Trend micro is a global leader in IT security, they develop innovative security solutions that make the world safe for businesses and consumers to exchange digital information.”
Internet Safety Tips for Kids and Teens
- Spend time having fun with your parents online and helping them understand technology!
- Never post your personal information, such as a cell phone number, home number, home address, or your location on any social networking site or through mobile apps like Snapchat or Instagram.
- Never meet in person with anyone you first “met” on the internet. If someone asks to meet you, tell your parents or guardian right away. Some people may not be who they say they are.
- Check with your parents before you post pictures of yourself or others online. Do not post inappropriate pictures of anyone.
- Never respond to mean or rude texts, messages, and e-mails. Delete any unwanted messages. You may need to delete friends who continuously bother you or post things that are not appropriate.
- NEVER share your password with anyone, including your best friend. The only people who should know your password are your parents or guardian.
- If you wouldn’t say something to another person’s face, don’t text it or post it online.
- Do not download or install software or anything on your computer or cell phone before checking with your parents or guardian.
- Use the privacy settings of social networking sites.
- If anything makes you feel uncomfortable online, while gaming or when using your cell phone, talk with your parents or guardian right away.
Then the fun started. They pick up those Oil Pastels and draw their imagination about the internet.
Owners: Sunshine Asuncion-See and Alma Borruel-Ramirez
Rustan’s Grocery, Lower Level, Shangri-La Mall, EDSA
Supplies Page: www.facebook.com/craftersnscrappers
Contact Information: email@example.com